Sunday, October 5, 2014

'Doctor Who' - TV Show Review

Today I am going to write a review about one of my favorite TV shows....
DOCTOR WHO!


This is a British TV show which is being aired on BBC every week at the moment. This show has 50 years of long history, and the new season started from March 2005. I've watched this show since when I was grade 8.
  
The show is about a journey of The Doctor and his companion. What is so interesting about this TV series is that The Doctor is an elien - a Time Lord -  traveling through time and space using his time Machine, Tardis.  
 
 
 
Tardis looks like a blue ordinary police box used in the U.K years ago. However you will be surprised to see inside of it.......
 
 
Simply, it is bigger on the inside!
 
According to the story, Time Lords can regenerate 11 times when they die. Therefore, the actor who plays The Doctor changes in every 2 to 3 seasons.

 
 If I start to talk about all about the details, I need to talk about too much, so I will begin with the review of my favorite episode.
 
" DON'T BLINK "
 

Don't Blink is the title of my faorite episode. It is 10th episode of season 3. Well, there are lots of eliens in this TV show, but this one is very unique. They are called Weeping Angels, and they look like this...
 
 
They just look like an ordinary angel statue covering their eyes; however, they are VERY DANGEROUS! They only move when no one is watching them. When they move toward you and touch you........you are sent to 100 years back in the past!
 
 

In this episode, the Angels try to get doctor's TARDIS, because since it is a time machine, Angels will not starve forever if they own it. However if the Angels take over the Tardis, the whole history will be mixed up and it will cause unrecoverable damage to the universe.

Why is it my favorite episode..?
1. I think this one shows good use of the 'time and space' which is the main theme of the show. 
2. My favorite doctor, the tenth is playing in this role. The actor is David Tennent and I personally think that he is the most 'doctor-like' actor of all the doctors so far. 
3. Lastly, the plot is so thrilling!!! Since the angels move when you are not watching at them, you shouldn't stop watching them. That's why the title of the episode is 'BLINK'. 

Other than this, there are another two episodes about these Weeping Angels. 
I am looking foward to see them again in later episodes with twelfth doctor!

Here is the preview.. Must watch! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment